Confirmed model pricing and specification
Following the popularity of the 350 and 500 petrol engines, Mercedes-Benz will now release the 63 and 65 AMG engines in August and September respectively. These models will then complete the UK engine line up for the SL-Class family.
The New SL 63 bi-turbo will have a 5.5-litre V8 AMG engine, delivering 537 hp and 800 Nm of torque. Smaller than the 6.2-litre engine it replaces, the new V8 is almost 43 per cent more economical.
In comparison, the New SL 65 statistics are even more impressive. With a bi-turbo 6.0-litre V12 AMG engine, the SL 65 delivers 630 hp and 1000 Nm of torque, yet still improves fuel consumption by 21 per cent to 24.4mpg. These fuel savings have been achievable due to the cars new transmissions, which feature an ECO start and stop function.
- Panoramic vario-roof (SL 65 AMG)
- Magic Vision Control (heated)
- 19” AMG alloy wheels
- Nappa leather (SL 63 AMG) and Exclusive Nappa leather upholstery (SL 65 AMG)
- Memory Package and heated front seats
- COMAND Online with media interface and 6 disc changer
- DAB digital radio tuner
- Bang & Olufsen BeoSound AMG sound system (SL 65 AMG)
- AMG Speedshift MCT 7-speed sports transmission with ECO start / stop (SL 63 AMG)
- AMG Speedshift Plus 7G-Tronic automatic transmission with ECO start / stop (SL 65 AMG)
- Intelligent Light System with bi-xenon headlamps
- Metallic paint
Mercedes-Benz have increased the level of standard equipment to position these cars competitively in their segment, whilst still securing an ‘On-The-Road’ price for the SL 63 AMG of £110,735 and £168,225 for the SL 65 AMG.
The first vehicles available for customer order will be in August for the SL 63 AMG and September for the SL 65 AMG. If you cannot wait until then, the new SL 63 AMG will be available for your viewing at your nearest AMG Performance Centre in the very near future.